Monday, January 02, 2006

A glimpse of the year to come.....

When I was a child, my mom used to tell me that you can get a glimpse of your year ahead by looking at what happened to you on the first day of the year. So you hit a jackpot and win lottery on the first day of year, you can go around buying lottery tickets whole through the year and you shall win all of them....(what an easy way to get rich!!). I don't know about the validity of this but, if this is true then my year to come will be full of Parties, outings, picnics and traveling (eating chicken too!!) and also lots of dance (with a few steps with pretty girls too!! :-). My first day of the year 2006 started at 00:00hrs with the New Year Cake cutting ceremony in my college (XIMB), followed by 4 hours of non-stop dancing at JLT (That's how we call dance parties at our campus. Just Like That!!). The party was exciting and stimulating as ever. But this party was also a bit different from its predecessors, as this time I had the opportunity to dance with some pretty girls also. As if this was not enough for me to have for the year to come, we packed our bags and left for picnic at 5 AM without wasting any time after the JLT. We were a group of 32 friends….all guys…who went for the trip. I experienced “sardi” in Orissa for the first time. Fog on the road and the “smoke” from my mouth was an indication enough that winters have finally arrived in Bhubaneswar. The journey of over 40 KM was covered with ease in a cozy bus. After spending 15-20 minutes at ChandraBhaga beach in Konark, we moved to Ram Chandi, a place where we were to spend one of the most memorable days of my life. We played volley ball on the beach and then in sea water. Also I caught up with some sleep on the beach under the sun. The “Sun-bath” was quite refreshing but “Blackning” also. The cook was ready with food (chicken, biryani, raita, paneer etc). Food was gr8, infact better than our mess preparation. We all enjoyed the lunch (probably because we all were very hungry!!!) Next duty was to attend to the call of God. He called us to his abode, Jaggan-Nath Temple in Puri. The rush there was maddening but the devotion of the people was inspiring. So the year that has started with the blessings of Lord Jaggan-Nath, hope it goes well till its last day. So friends, my year is all packed with all fun, parties, sun baths, travelling, lot of enjoyment. So I shall look forward to A P n P (all play and no padai) in the year to come. Enugh about me and my new year. You tell what do new year have in store for you??? Have you got a glimpse of your new year yet?? Enjoy and Happy New year. May all your dreams come true in this year... Amen.

2 Comments:

At Mon Jan 02, 06:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Going Rohit....hope so, i would be seeing lots of stuff from u.

 
At Sat Jan 07, 03:59:00 AM, Blogger MoRoN said...

Yeah Rohit, Good Blog. I'll have you blogrolled today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home